NeuroMeditation is the application of brain based principles to meditation practices. All meditations generally fall into one or more of four categories: Focus, Mindfulness, Quiet Mind, and Open Heart. We can determine our meditative style based on the way attention is directed during our meditation, our intention during the practice, and the way the practice impacts the brain. By knowing how you meditate you can choose a style of practice to best match your goals.
THE 4 STYLES OF NEUROMEDITATION
Improve focus, attention, concentration, executive functioning, and brain activity, increasing cognitive fuction. May be especially helpful for ADHD, memory problems or cognitive decline.
- Voluntary control of attention and cognition
- Increase fast brain waves (beta2, gamma)
- Improve focus, attention, executive functioning, brain brightening
- Match for ADHD
Develop a calm, non-judging awareness and the ability to distance oneself from thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations. May be particularly beneficial for stress and anxiety.
- Non-judgmental awareness of the present moment
- Increase slow brain waves (frontal midline theta)
- Experience calm and distance from thoughts, feelings, sensations
- Match for Stress & Anxiety
Minimize internal self-talk, experience peace, calm and equanimity. This form of practice may be ideal for obsessive-compulsive tendencies, eating disorders, addictions and personality concerns.
- Spacious awareness and expanded consciousness
- Increase slow brain waves (alpha 1)
- Minimize negative self-talk, experience peace and equanimity
- Match for Eating Disorders, OCD, and Disrupted Sense of Self
Improve mood, become more empathic, loving, kind and generous. This form may be best for depression, empathy building and enhancing relationships.
- Feelings of compassion for self and others
- Increase fast brain waves (gamma)
- Improve mood, become more empathetic, loving, and kind
- Match for Depression and Relationship Issues
Your EEG NeuroMeditation coach will work with you to help clarify your goals and concerns related to meditation as well as conduct a 19 channel quantitative EEG to help assess your baseline brainwave patterns. This process can be very helpful in clarifying which NeuroMeditation styles might be best suited for you. Subsequent sessions will combine neurofeedback with meditation instruction to help you focus your attention in the specific way each meditation style requires. Think of it as meditation training wheels! Typically, sessions will occur once weekly for 6 weeks with practice at home to reinforce the skills involved in this form of mental training.
You can also do this training at home via Video chat Neuromeditation Calls! You'll need to first have a personalized qEEG performed to determine your unique brain map. From that I am able to create a customized software protocol for your unique brain. You'll purchase the home training unit and you'll be coached online on how to use it at home or the office!
- Package of 6 x 1 hour sessions: $1250
- Personalized qEEG Brain Map and Analysis: $750
- Home Neuromeditation Equipment and Training $5995